A big thank you to all of the contributions everyone made to the effort. I knew going into this that making everything public was a risk, but we had fun. Now for their explanation...
I have been asked to remove the blog post from our site, but the link to theirs should work:
http://realpersoninreallife.
I'm very surprised that the Pitt crew didn't show more photos of where they found it. I would like to see the exact location, and I would also like to know where it was on the map. I also thought it was surprising that they didn't show the actual log in its open-up state. Not saying they're faking it, but just curious. Reckon we'll have to wait for the word from Colbert.
ReplyDeleteSeth, thank you for running this blog and the IU Purdue Super PAC this summer. It has been my pleasure to work on this treasure hunt with you, and I look forward to _not coordinating_ with your Super PAC as I enter the 2014 Indiana election cycle. Happy fundraising!
ReplyDeleteYes, big thanks to Seth and everyone here.
ReplyDelete:-)
congrats to the finder but was there no mention of this blogspot? each turn to the deciphering was ingenious, it's hard to believe that they didn't read this blogspot for help with the answers. my formulations weren't correct and I would have been light years off without the collaborations on here, I only wish I was smarter to have posted something helpful, If I did find it, I'd surely send a shout out to all the people on here especially you seth, thanks for making this page and giving us a chance to work together.
ReplyDeleteHey, Colbert didn't say ANYTHING!
ReplyDeleteIs HOPE dead? Maybe Stephen will tour all the campuses with registered Super PACs anyway to promote his book?
ReplyDeleteOfficial announcement went out at midnight:
ReplyDeleteDear Colbert Super PAC Super Fun Pack Super Treasure Hunter/Gatherers,
After nearly two months of searching, the Colbert Super PAC Super Fun Pack treasure has been discovered by Daniel Stough of PITT PAC, along with Justine Buchman, Daniela Aizpitarte, and R. Benjamin Zazcek. It's an accomplishment that will go down in the history books, as long as somebody writes an extremely specific history book about turtle-themed treasure-hunts.
Since the contest is no longer afoot, please call off any private investigators, hound dogs, ninja assassins, or Nicholas Cages you have employed in your quest.
As college students, I know many of you have a thirst for knowledge -- the one thirst that you can quench without your 23 year old cousin's I.D.. So we've put together a video explaining how the puzzle could be solved. (Warning: this video features no nudity.)
Thank you for playing! You may now return to your Super PACs to count your money.
Sincerely,
Alberto Rèalnaamè
Communications Director & Prize Patrol Van Driver
Colbert Super PAC